CWCG is looking for a few good men and women to join the board!!
The CWCG (Columbia Willamette Compensation Group) board is in the planning stages for the upcoming year. As a result we will have 6 open positions for the 2016 board. All of the great professional development and networking programs that CWCG brings to you are produced and executed by a volunteer board, so these positions are critical to our success. This is a great opportunity to make new connections, enhance your leadership skills and have a little fun.
- Technology Chair – Do you love to organize data visually? Do you want a chance to explore your creative side? Perhaps, you have experience in leading projects related to systems implementation? If so, CWCG could use your help in learning our new website platform! The Technology Chair will lead board members and current CWCG members on leveraging our new website server, working mostly with Communications Chair and Programs team, to keep our members up to date through our new website. In addition to updating the website, the role also serves as employer and member contact for posted positions and reviews job postings prior to publishing.
- Membership Chair – The Membership Chair is the face of our Board with our affiliates, local colleges and other associations. This position handles group public relations and the ongoing solicitation of our new members. As part of our group’s outreach and development of our profession, the Membership Chair is also in charge of promoting and coordinating our annual scholarship program – both professional and student scholarships. If you enjoy a little PR and sharing information about your profession, this role is for you!
- Treasurer – We know you love to crunch numbers, so why not extend those skills to managing our group’s funds? The Treasurer works with our Group Administrator (Jeanne) to maintain all of our finances. Quarterly to monthly reports are required to be presented to the Board and an annual report to the membership at our December meeting. The Treasurer also works with an outside accountant to ensure timely filings of all tax forms with local, state and federal authorities as may be required for a non-profit association.
- Programs Committee Co-Chairs (2 seats available): The Programs Committee is the team responsible for the planning and executing of all CWCG sponsored events throughout the year, including our networking events, briefings, luncheons and WorldatWork courses offered in the Portland metro area. If you are skilled party planner and a powerful negotiator, the programs committee is for you.
- Rewards NW Program Chair – This year we would like to have 1 of the Programs team members dedicated their time to working with our event planner and Seattle association (NCRF) to plan and develop our 2016 Rewards NW Program in Seattle. As this is a bi-annual event, there is some down time in this position which allows this role to also help and be involved in our local, core programs. However, the first priority of this position will be working more closely with the President and Rewards NW team.
If you are interested in serving on the Board in 2016, I would like to connect with you. I encourage you to complete the brief application, found here, and email it back to CWCG at
by Friday, October 23rd in order for us to review all interested individuals. If you should have questions contact me directly at
2016 CWCG President
Last Updated ( Saturday, 03 October 2015 00:55 )