At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation’s leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we’re committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you’re in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We’re in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We’re at offices with KinderCare Education at Work , our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we’re at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
As the Compensation Analyst and partner to the Field Org and select corporate functions, this role plays a key role in delivering the Total Rewards & Compensation strategy in the largest population of our organization. They act as a consultant to the business; becoming an expert in how the business runs and owning the relationship between the Compensation Team, the HR Business Partners, and their functions. They should be a positive, proactive, solutions focused member of the team who sees the value in their role as the subject matter expert for their clients. They will work alongside the rest of the Compensation Team as a thought partner in developing and improving KinderCare Education’s compensation structure and programs. They will use data to draw insights into the effectiveness of our programs and help build the case for future changes that drive our business. This is a great opportunity for an individual with prior Compensation experience to own the Compensation programs for the largest part of our business and see the direct impact their talents can bring on a growing organization.
- Consult with HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Leadership on job evaluations and organization structures, providing recommendations that align with KinderCare Education’s strategic goals.
- Analyze data to provide deep understanding and thought partnership on the effect pay has on the business.
- Partner with Total Rewards Leadership to craft compensation strategies and programs that drive the strategic priorities of our Field Org.
- Own the Field Incentive process and partner with HR, Finance, and Field Leadership to ensure accurate and timely payout
- Build tools for HR and the Field Org that assist in communicating and explaining complex compensation programs and concepts.
- Lead the annual review of compensation structures for the Field Org, incorporating market data from salary surveys and other sources, and proposing changes that reflect an understanding of the broader business.
- Partner with the HRIS and Finance teams to gather information, find impactful stories hidden in the data, and create executive summaries of the findings.
- Manage the relationship between Compensation and the Field Org through phone and email; responding to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Keep informed of wage laws that affect our population throughout the United States.
- Assist in the calculation and communication of annual merit increases.
- Assist in the calculation and payout of STIP/LTIP and other periodic variable pay.
- Manage projects from project start-up through completion. Act as a subject matter expert and representative of the Compensation Team on related projects.
- Provide clients prompt and courteous service.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Economics, or Business Administration required.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in Compensation
- Experience in multi-unit, multi-state organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions for their client
- Knowledge of human resources and compensation related laws and regulations, including FLSA and minimum wage laws.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (with at least working knowledge of: vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of database management (Access, Oracle, etc.) preferred
- Experience with salary surveys required; working knowledge of Radford (Aon Hewitt) & PayScale preferred.
- A passion for analytics and the curiosity to see where the data leads
- Ability to analyze, interpret and make recommendations from a variety of data reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines often under significant time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions, and present conclusions or solutions to business issues
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities required.
- Ability to work well with and manage vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.