Come join us at Puppet - one of the best places to work in Portland. We are looking for an awesome new team member to join our fast-paced, hard-working Total Rewards team. The Total Rewards Specialist will report to the Global Benefits Manager and play a critical role in being the connection between our Puppet employees and their ongoing benefit questions. This key role will be responsible for working to create a streamlined benefit experience for employees on a daily basis. Responsibilities will include, updating internal site pages for benefits and compensation information, assist with benefit and compensation communications and deliver a positive ongoing experience to employees.
This role will also provide support to our Compensation Analyst, helping to keep excel resources up-to-date, working with salary surveys to load new data and assisting with quarterly projects.
You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with our Puppet employees by being their first point of contact for all things benefits, walking employees through their new hire benefits, helping to coordinate open enrollment vendor files, assisting with benefit communications to update handbooks and slide decks for new initiatives.
This role will be crucial in helping to run our day-to-day benefits desk in the total rewards department, including working with our brokers to communicate informational changes for employees, approving benefit elections in our HRMS, running quarterly HSA employer processes, responsible for uploading monthly files into our HRMS, and supporting various projects and audits. While the Total Rewards Specialist will be working with the Total Rewards team, it will be important for this role to build relationships with employees throughout the company to deliver great customer service while also building trust.
A Day in the life of the Total Rewards Specialist…
- Assist employees with questions, inquiries and other benefits matters related to plan coverages, status changes and general plan inquiries
- Monitor Vendor file feeds and resolve errors
- Respond to all benefit and compensation ticketing requests
- Work with insurance carriers to resolve issues regarding eligibility
- Respond to 401k inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan questions, rollover requests and vendor questions
- Assist with annual open enrollment process, materials and presentations
- Deliver new hire orientations and request from employees to meet one-on-one to answer questions
- Assist in the planning, development and redesign of benefit programs globally
- Run quarterly HSA employer contribution process
- Maintain compensation related data s in HRIS system
- Assist with the administration of leave paperwork and processing with vendor
- Perform routine updates to compensation tools when needed.
- Assist with administration of incentive programs from collecting goals to calculating payout and communicating results.
- Run reports ad-hoc for data updates in system
- Continuously work to gather job descriptions for all jobs and work on drafting new job descriptions as needed.
- Maintain salary survey database by updating employee salary details and performing salary survey input.
- Manage monthly pension payments for global employees working with pension system and payroll cycles
- Partner with HR team to kickoff a company wellness program and drive a successful campaign centered around employee involvement and awareness
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects for both benefit and compensation areas
- Document and maintain procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business field required
- 1+ years experience in customer service role
- 2+ years Human Resources experience to include but not limited to benefits administration and/or compensation and related HR areas, or equivalent work experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills required
- Strong technical and analytical skills, problem solving and resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage tasks is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with creative, professional people at all levels of the company, in a fast-paced and high growth, global environment.
- Strong interests in employee benefit plan administration and compensation on a global scale with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through; absolute inability to let a ball drop or an error go by unfixed.
- Proactive, high-energy team player that is highly adaptable and flexible; able to navigate competing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate events or activities for teams and employees that help to build an atmosphere of connection, collaboration, and celebration.
- Technologically adept, preferred experience using Google suite products.
- Ability to handle highly confidential data with integrity and professionalism.
- Patience and a good sense of humor
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
Working for Puppet - APPLY HERE
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it’s characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it’s defined by a world of frictionless software change – where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
Puppet is driving the movement to a world of unconstrained software change. Its revolutionary platform is the industry standard for automating the delivery and operation of the software that powers everything around us.
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement.
Here at Puppet, our values are our "culture code" and guide all that we do. They embody who we are as a team, as a community, and as a business.That’s why we hire carefully for individuals who clearly represent our company values. That means being connected to the communities we serve (around the globe and online), having an understanding that candid conversations can drive innovation, those who know how to ask themselves the right questions to drive customer benefit, and those who understand that the many people, perspectives and places that makeup our company are key to our success.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 40,000 companies—including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100—use Puppet’s open source and commercial solutions to adopt DevOps practices, achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Puppet is a privately held company with more than 500 employees around the world. Learn more at puppet.com.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.