Our compensation analyst helps SAIF in our strategy to attract, retain, and motivate high-performing employees by shaping the cash portion of our total rewards program.
We work hard to ensure our employees are rewarded equally, competitively, and consistently through total rewards. The compensation analyst plays a key role in that mission by being the resident expert on base pay and incentives, as well as overseeing focal point and salary surveys, and providing job and market analysis, and updates to cash compensation programs.
Sure, this job requires a lot of hard skills, like the ability to research market trends, helping to determine fair and competitive salaries, and using data to maintain SAIF’s position as an employer of choice. But it is also a fun challenge. Our comp analyst enjoys a lot of variety in working with every division of the company, and consistently depends on excellent consulting, communication, and problem-solving skills.
This position works primarily out of our newly remodeled company headquarters in Salem, but has the options to work out of the Portland office or remotely.
- Provide leadership in the implementation and execution of our annual focal point or salary administration programs.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of pay programs and strategies that are aligned with total rewards strategy.
- Create and deliver training programs to communicate the details to managers and employees. Develop materials for the intranet, webinars, manager meetings and employee articles working closely with our Communication and Design group.
- Meet with managers and complete an in-depth market analysis to recommend job placement in our salary structure.
- Expert understanding of FLSA, state and local labor laws.
- Review and maintain job descriptions that reflect essential job function and responsibilities that are legally compliant.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of salary market data and trends through participation in surveys. Recommend and monitor survey participation and value.
- Analyze salary survey and market trends data to recommend annual compensation changes for merit, incentive and structure movement.
- Develop, recommend, and implement processes that support pay for performance.
- Recommend and provide technical support for the design, implementation, and administration of our cash awards: merit, incentive, company incentive, sales and executive.
- Providing compensation analysis for recruiting team in support of job offers and promotions.
The following qualifications are recommended:
- Five or more years professional experience demonstrating a knowledge of compensation practices and regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field.
- Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the functions of this position will be considered.
This recruitment will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday November 2, 2018.
If a sufficient number of qualified applications are received this recruitment may close early.
SAIF is Oregon’s not-for-profit, state-chartered workers’ compensation insurance company. SAIF has been doing business for more than 100 years and is the leading workers’ compensation insurance provider in Oregon.