Looking for a New Year’s challenge? Kent Employment Solutions & Aria HR are partnering once again exclusively with our Portland Client for the right leader to roll up their sleeves and manage the Compensation, Benefits, and Payroll programs. Do you have 6+ years HR expertise with a knack for compliance, systems, and process efficiency? Have a passion for and extensive experience in compensation, benefits, and payroll design? Do you possess the drive and gumption to both develop and execute a strategy? This highly visible role could be an excellent resume builder but is not for the faint of heart. You will be responsible for driving a number of initiatives and shaping and administering Comp and Ben programs aimed at both attracting and retaining employees.
Want to be accountable for taking your career to the next level in 2017, then reach out to us to discuss this position!
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PAYROLL MANAGER
· Consult with internal business partners, such as department heads and management, to assess benefits, compensation, and compliance
· Structure compensation and benefits packages and measure their success
· Conduct research and make recommendations on retirement and insurance plan design and administration
· Evaluate competitor compensation and benefits packages and make recommendations regarding compensation and benefits structures
· Manage the company’s payroll function to ensure compliance and data integrity
· Manage the company’s HRIS function to ensure the best use of HRIS systems and to manage the maintenance of data integrity
· Manage third-party HR vendor resources such as brokers, consultants, and insurance carriers
· Assure the organization remains compliant with changing federal and state employee benefits regulations, as well as the shifting needs of an organization’s workforce
· Implement continuous process improvements (increase efficiencies, cost savings solutions, and improved customer service)
· Educate, mentor and train HR staff on processes and professional practices within these areas
· Serve as a change agent and be part of the solution while interacting across multiple departments
- Organizing & Planning
- Strategic Thinking
- Leading & Managing Change
- Effective Communication
- Effective Communication
- Accountable with a Sense of Humor
- Talent Development
- Problem Solving & Process Optimization
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
· A minimum of 6 years’ professional level HR experience with hands-on experience in multiple HR functions to include employee benefits, compensation programs, and pay administration.
· In-depth knowledge and application of benefits and payroll-related state and federal regulations and demonstrated ability to take the lead on the resolution of complex benefits and payroll issues and questions.
· Expertise in dealing with multi-state payroll processing and regulations.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, with an emphasis on coordinating conflicting demands and priorities.
· Up to date knowledge of employment/labor laws including ADA, Wage and Hour, and practical experience with OFLA, FMLA in organizations with more than 500 employees.
· Familiarity with compliance regulations and requirements related to EEOC, OFCCP, ERISA, ACA.
· Professional demeanor and ability to instill confidence/credibility.
· Ability to resolve problems or issues using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, or regulations
· Results-oriented with the ability to proactively organize and prioritize work to handle multiple assignments
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to present ideas and training programs to all levels of the organization
· Competent in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS and Payroll systems savvy.
· Project Management and Business Process Improvement expertise.
· PHR, SPHR or CEBS, CPP, FPC certifications are preferred.
About Our Client:
Our client has been operating in Oregon for more than 40 years!
Would you enjoy working at a fast clip, enacting change, and working with a brilliant leader and mentor with an amazing sense of humor? Interested in challenging work with high visibility coupled with competitive compensation and beautiful offices in a great location with ample parking, if so please reach out to us at michelle@Ariahr.com