Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with Salem Health to find a Manager of Benefits for their human resources team. In this integral role, you will be responsible for managing the organization's health and welfare and retirement benefits team and providing operational oversight of all related programs. As the manager, you will evaluate programs and make recommendations on potential modifications to maintain the organization's objectives and competitive position in the marketplace while simultaneously utilizing a Lean management system to gain ongoing efficiencies in program offerings.
More about Salem Health:
Salem Health offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Responsibilities at a glance:
Provide day-to-day oversight of benefits staff and processes. Ensure staff are adequately trained and adhere to organizational policies and procedures. This position will have 3-6 direct reports.
- Provide technical guidance on a variety of benefits programs. Serve as escalation point for issues as needed.
- Support Retirement Plan Committee.
- Facilitate and remove roadblocks for desired Lean work and results.
- Works closely with HRIS team to ensure efficient and effective use of HRIS systems.
- Manages vendor relationships. Build and maintain relationships with outside benefit plan vendors, consultants, and personal network to maximize organizational gain.
- Conduct on-going evaluation of assigned functions for the organization, including participation in the design of all health and welfare and retirement plan benefit programs.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on program design recommendations and implementations.
- Ongoing analysis to determine cost driver trends and opportunities for cost containment. Works closely with vendors and Director on identification of opportunities and monitoring of plan performance.
- Ensure compliance of plans with all applicable laws and regulations, including all required timely filings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive individual contributor benefits experience
- Prior experience with HRIS systems required
- Previous benefits experience in a healthcare/hospital environment strongly preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of benefit programs and design required.
- In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations regarding benefits programs and administration required.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems required with depth in systems design and administration preferred.
- Experience with Lean management systems and six sigma methodology highly desired.
- Excellent communication and team-building required.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to Hello@MulberryTalent.com. We look forward to connecting with you shortly.