Summary of Role
Puppet, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Compensation Analyst to join our amazing People team. The ideal candidate will have a strong compensation background with a desire to stretch, learn, and grow, taking on more in the total rewards and benefits analytics space. We like to work hard and place a high priority on also having fun. Our People team vision is to help build a better Puppet by making powerful connections and elevating our people to the peak of awesomeness. On a daily basis, you will draw on your analytical strength, ability to consider multiple solutions, and competence working with people from all levels, perspectives and departments. The Sr. Compensation Analyst is the key resource for the day to day administration of the company's global salary and incentive programs and framework, as well as supporting other compensation programs such as sales commissions and stock options.
- Collaborates with the compensation manager/consultants/HRBPs on a variety of projects, including compensation-related issues, program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
- Administers global base pay and bonus programs, including annual merit review, promotion, and bonus processes.
- Manages projects such as survey participation and analysis and jobs framework processes.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Coordinates with HRBPs to educate managers on both compensation and compliance topics.
- Works with HRIS/Operations peer team and IT staff to ensure that the HRIS system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
- Assists benefits manager with benefits analysis, including pension and benefits analytics and overall total rewards package framing.
- Perform bigger picture total rewards analysis.
- High tolerance to drive through ambiguity to achieve results.
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision making skills, and manage confidential information.
- Assist with executive compensation materials and reporting, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, human resources or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years compensation or total rewards experience performing analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs.
- Expert Excel experience; use of Excel in Mac is a plus.
- Proven track record of goal achievement.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) preferred.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is largely a sedentary role. This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, and photocopiers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to pick up new programs quickly.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a group or team.
Working for Puppet
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it’s characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it’s defined by a world of frictionless software change – where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
We’re building a world of unconstrained software change. Where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement.
Here at Puppet, our values are our "culture code" and guide all that we do. They embody who we are as a team, as a community, and as a business. That’s why we hire carefully for individuals who clearly represent our company values. That means being connected to the communities we serve (around the globe and online), having an understanding that candid conversations can drive innovation, those who know how to ask themselves the right questions to drive customer benefit, and those who understand that the many people, perspectives and places that makeup our company are key to our success.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 30,000 companies — including more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 — use Puppet’s open source and commercial solutions to achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. We power companies including Twitter, Yelp, Disney, Google, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.