Legacy Health is pleased to present a career opportunity for an experienced Manager of Benefits to provide leadership for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of system-wide benefits programs, strategies, plans, policies, and design issues. System-wide benefits include Health and Welfare, Retirement, Time off, and Leave and Disability. Additionally, the Benefit Manager will oversee preparation of recommendations for new or revised benefit programs for Boards or Committees and may provide regulatory insight and consulting services to senior leadership on employee benefits.
Additional job responsibilities include the self-insured health plan operations:
- Implements self-insured health plan structures and services in conjunction with organizational strategy
- Serves as an advisor to the organizations leadership on matters relating to self-insured health plan operations and related financial outcomes
- Works collaboratively with delivery system leadership teams to ensure that day to day operations of the self-insured health plan internal delivery systems are aligned with self-insured health plan requirements
- Represents the self-insured health plan in its relationships with internal and external operational partners
- Negotiates and/or arranges health plan partnerships
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in in human resources, business administration, or related field or equivalent applicable experience. Master’s degree preferred.
· 5 – 8 years’ experience of diverse and progressively more responsible benefits and/or human resources experience at a senior practitioner or management level
· Comprehensive knowledge of laws, acts and regulations governing benefits administration. Healthcare experience preferred.
· Ability to lead a human resources functional area, effectively manage people and resources, and provide appropriate support to staff and customers.
· Presentation and public speaking skills.
Legacy Health operates primarily in the Portland–Vancouver area and Mid-Willamette Valley, with a workforce of 13,000+ employees. We are a non-profit organization that is independently owned and operated. Each of the entities within Legacy possess its own uniqueness, but they all share the same dedication to high-quality patient care and service to the community.
We strive to be a diverse, culturally competent organization. We strongly encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and inclusion to apply. As a nationally-known and respected health care provider, Legacy Health offers an outstanding work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Learn more about us and apply on our website: