Awarded Oregon’s “Healthiest Employer” of our size four out of the last six years and consistently ranked within the top 10 in the “Healthiest 100 workplaces in America”— SAIF’s impressive benefits and strong investment in employee safety and wellness have earned us our spot as an employer of choice.
While awards are nice, that’s not why we do it. At SAIF we strive to give employees the total rewards program they need to be healthy and maintain work-life balance—not only to bolster recruitment and support engagement, but also to keep employees safe. It’s what we help our customers do every day.
SAIF is seeking a new total rewards leader to manage our compensation, benefits, and payroll teams, as well as our award-winning wellness program, which includes an onsite health clinic, fitness center, and café with subsidized nutritious options.
We’re looking for a visionary to take our already thriving total rewards program to new heights. The right candidate will have a background in compensation and benefits and enthusiasm for building a culture focused on Total Worker Health. You’ll need experience in strategic and visionary leadership of HR programs and skills in communication, collaboration, and innovation. You’ll also need the ability to analyze compensation and benefits plans and industry trends to help shape HR strategies. Your work will directly contribute to SAIF’s mission to make Oregon the safest and healthiest place to work.
Are you the total rewards visionary SAIF is looking for? Apply today.
- Collaborate to set direction, design, and implement compensation and benefit programs that support corporate direction and priorities. Analyze programs, research and identify trends and best practices, present options, recommend changes, and provide counsel on program matters. Ensure that programs attract, retain, and motivate high performing employees; enhance SAIF’s status as an employer of choice; and are progressive, competitive with the external marketplace, cost effective, accurate, high quality, equitable, and flexible to meet employee and corporate business needs.
- Support building and sustaining an inclusive and diverse environment that equally engages employees in all stages of their SAIF experience. This is seen through diverse benefit offerings, an inclusive TWH strategy and compensation practices. Ensure compensation systems have mechanisms in place to mitigate conscious and unconscious biases and assumptions.
- Collaborate to create, design and implement policies, programs, and practices that promote employee safety and wellbeing and drive continuous improvement in TWH at SAIF.
- Provide employees with a variety of resources that encourage active engagement in their overall safety, health, and well-being including on-site health clinic, fitness center and café.
- Manage team members by utilizing the performance management process, clarifying job responsibilities and performance expectations, establishing goals and job competencies, identifying skill gaps, creating development plans, coaching on a continuous basis and evaluating performance.
- Analyze and evaluate services, coverage, and options available from vendors to recommend total reward programs for the corporation. Manage relationships with insurance carriers, vendors, and broker/consultants for benefit, payroll, HRIS, and compensation services. Negotiate contracts and monitors services provided to ensure timely delivery of quality services at competitive costs.
- Prepare budgets to support the total rewards package, including compensation, benefits, wellness and safety programs. Monitor expenditures throughout the year and manage variance to ensure budgetary guidelines are met while upholding high standards of customer service excellence. Partner with HR management team to prepare an operational budget for all aspects of the HR department.
- Determine and implement operational efficiency to optimize resource utilization and provide improved customer service.
- Identify forward thinking and solutions that take total rewards, and TWH in new and innovative directions.
- Provide counsel and support managers and employees in the interpretation and application of human resources programs, policies, and practices. Work closely and partner effectively with the human resources management team to ensure consistent human resources practices across related organizations and functions.
- Oversee workers’ compensation processes and compliance for the organization, following prescribed regulations accordingly.
- Develop communication and educational strategies and tools to ensure managers and employees understand total rewards, TWH, and other human resources policies and practices and the value of the programs to individuals and the organization.
- Maintain a current knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations and determine new or updated policies and practices to ensure compliance. Responsible for compliance with all applicable health care, compensation, and safety and wellness regulations and reporting.
- Serve as a member of the Human Resources Management Team (HRMT) to ensure the overall delivery of employee services to the corporation. Provide resources and support in other areas of HR to ensure business continuity and service to our customers.
- Develop measurement tools to determine the effectiveness of HR programs. Monitor these measurements and provide analysis and insight to the trends. Create a departmental scorecard as well as contributing to the corporate scorecard analysis and tools.
- Ensure the effective utilization of human resources record systems. Establish and maintain human resource planning, control, and reporting activities.
The following qualifications are recommended:
- Eight years human resource experience demonstrating the ability to provide consultative services and development of human resource programs and policies is required. Three or more years of supervisory experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, education, psychology or a related field.
- Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work will also be considered.
To receive consideration, please create a profile and submit your resume on our Careers page by the close of this recruitment. We want your submission to count, so be sure it’s complete and that you submit all the required materials.
This recruitment will close at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 9, 2019. Please submit materials as soon as possible, as we are actively reviewing candidates.
If a sufficient number of qualified applications are received this recruitment may close early.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference in employment by submitting the following documentation as verification of eligibility:
- A copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215), or
- A letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension
Disabled veterans also must submit a copy of their veteran’s disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
To be considered for preference, you must upload the proper documentation as part of your applicant profile by the application deadline.
SAIF is Oregon’s not-for-profit, state-chartered workers’ compensation insurance company. SAIF has been doing business for 100 years and is the leading workers’ compensation insurance provider in Oregon. Learn more about the opportunities and benefits of working at SAIF. Visit our website or see our Facebook page.
SAIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in its workplace.