Compensation Analyst | #20524
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Compensation Analyst opportunity at our global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
The successful candidate will have a strong quantitative rigor and excellent communication skills to join our team and contribute to the design and implementation of our compensation philosophy. This person should have a strong affinity towards data systems and analysis, process improvement, and program management. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about Blount’s business beliefs, willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Drive our annual compensation planning process (merit and STIP) end to end, including salary and equity plan design, planner training, and effective communication to planners and employees
- Partner with the systems team in implementing and testing compensation programs in Success Factors for process efficiency
- Submit salary survey data
- Assist in the development of the compensation structure for base and incentive pay
- Develop compelling dashboards and reports for executive leadership to provide insight, identify trends, and monitor the business
- Maintain the compensation benchmarking database and conduct analysis to inform salary, incentive pay, and benefits strategy
- Oversee FLSA compliance
- Write and update job descriptions and maintain job description database
- Communicating with plan sponsors and plan participants in a friendly and cooperative manner to ensure all needs are being met
- Managing the process for all plan startups and conversions with the assigned client group(s)
- Completing accurate and timely 5500 Filings through partnership with plan management group
- Communicating with stakeholders and Team Members as escalation requests are received from our mobility and legal partners in a friendly and cooperative manner to ensure all needs are being met
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2+ years of compensation practice
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous program management experience
- 401K plan administration preferred
- Self-starter and take initiative to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional an quality manner
- Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve organization performance
- Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
- Creative and critical thinker
- Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members and own mistakes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and data management software (SAP preferred)
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount offers products under the brand names of OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, Merit, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.